Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
1 egg white
1/4 cup natural cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grained sea salt
1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 375. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the egg white, sugar, cayenne and salt. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss well. Drain off any excess egg white (using a strainer) and place seeds in a single layer across a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until seeds are golden. Sprinkle with a bit more sugar and cayenne pepper when they come out of the oven. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
Makes one cup.
2 packs (3 oz) Raspberry jello
1 pkg unflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
3/4 cup whipping cream
3 cups boiling water
15 drops green food coloring
100 flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)
1) Combine gelatin in bowl and add boiling water.
2) Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
3) Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them in the container. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the jello stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton may be better; you will probably get longer worms since there is a tighter fit. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is helpful. Or you could just add more straws to fill the container.
4) Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
5) There are multiple ways you can remove the worms from the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.
And voila! Jello worms are served.
Must be done, one day.
Original recipe makes 25 (8 ounce) servings
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
2 quarts lime sherbet
1 (750 milliliter) bottle rum
Two versions of Black Halloween Punch.
1 750 ml bottle Vodka
2 packets Grape Kool Aide
3 Quarts Water
2 Cups Sugar
1 Liter Ginger Ale
Make Kool Aide according to instructions using the water, sugar and Kool Aide in a large punch bowl. After sugar is dissolved, add a block of ice or dry ice. Mix in the Vodka, then when ready to serve add the Ginger Ale.
1 (.13 ounce) envelopeunsweetened grape soft drink mix
1 (.13 ounce) envelopeunsweetened orange soft drink mix
2 cups white sugar
1 liter ginger ale
3 quarts cold water